The most powerful passport in the world in 2019 belongs to Japan allowing visa-free or visa-on-arrival to a record 190 countries. Singapore comes in second at 189 destinations.
The Henley Index is a report complied by global citizenship and residence advisory firm Henley and Partners on an annual basis.
Germany which topped the list in 2019 currently comes in third.
Closer to home, Australia ranks 10th with 181 visa-free access while Malaysia comes in at 12th with 179 visa-free destinations.
Henley Passport Index ranking
1. Japan: 190
2. Singapore: 189
3. Germany, France, South Korea: 188
4. Denmark, Finland, Italy, Sweden, Spain: 187
5. Norway, United Kingdom, Austria, Luxembourg, Netherlands,Portugal, United States: 186
6. Belgium, Switzerland, Ireland, Canada : 185
7. Australia, Greece, Malta: 183
8. New Zealand, Czech Republic: 182
9. Iceland : 181
10. Hungary, Slovenia, Malaysia: 180New Zealand, Czech Republic: 182
Iceland : 181
Hungary, Slovenia, Malaysia: 180